8.31.2009

The September Issue


I saw The September Issue  this weekend and absolutely love, love, loved it! You all must go see it! I have to say, even though Anna tends to be a little icy...I kind of have a weird appreciation for it. She is who she is and just wants to get the job done. And the surprise star of the documentary...Grace Coddington, Vogue's creative director, who is hilarious! I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but this film was beyond entertaining!


Found this picture of Anna's office which is gorgeous. How nice to be surrounded by beautiful things all day, every day (unlike the rest of us in our cubicles)!



A young Anna (accessorizing with a super cool necklace)


On another note...


Another fashion documentary that came out this year that is equally as good is Valentino: The Last Emperor. You can view the trailer here. I saw it at the Film Forum and afterwards was lucky to hear the Q&A with the film's producer Matt Tyrnauer and Andre Leon Talley. Matt gave such interesting insight into Valentino's dynamic world. Apparently he has an uncut version that is 8 hours long. If anyone knows how to get ahold of it....let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great old pic of Anna Wintour! Shall feature it on my blog!

P.S. love ur blog, am adding u to my blog roll

Anonymous said...

Old Anna pic pilfered and posted on my blog - with references of course to your fabulous one :-)