9.01.2009

I'm Craving Mint Juleps...


As anticipated, I finally got to look through the September issue of Elle Decor last night and found quite a few things that inspired me. One of the many was the equestrian-themed, Kentucky home of designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka. I really hope that they host a party every year for the Kentucky Derby, it's just too perfect. And how chic is the vintage Mercedes out front? This house would be amazing as a wedding venue as well. 


I think the above is my favorite image from this set of pictures for a few reasons. I love the combination of libraries and dining areas in the same space. I can't pin point why, but I've seen this done before and there is something oddly cozy yet fun and unexpected about it. Also fond of the vintage trophies and European antlers, as well as the dark, shiny color of the walls. 


Bar stands seem to be coming back...this one is oh so glam. 

No comments: