12.29.2009

Bucket List...The Pollock Krasner House and Study Center





One place I absolutely have to see one day, hopefully this summer, is the Pollock Krasner House and Study Center located near East Hampton. It is the former home of Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner, and the house where they built their careers. You can tour the property in the spring and summer and see the actual paint that still coats the floor from Jackson's "drip" technique. I've always been interested in all things art related, but what really turned me onto this specific institution was the movie, Pollock, which I watched Christmas night. For those who haven't seen it, you definitely need to. It is the story of Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner's careers and it was completely enthralled with it. Aside from the interest in the actual story, the acting is incredible also- Marcia Gay Harden won an Oscar for best supporting actress, while Ed Harris was nominated for best actor. 











1 comment:

the NEO-traditionalist said...

So cool! I've never heard of this place and now I'm dying to go. I rented the film a couple years ago and then never found time to watch it---will have to do so asap. Love their bookshelves. With all the paint on the floor it's almost as if you'd be walking on a Pollack painting. Crazy. Love it.
XX Kate